Oracle data masking and subsetting pack for oracle enterprise manager enables organizations to comply with data privacy and protection mandates that restrict the use of actual customer data. In using oracle data masking and subsetting pack, organizations are able to replace sensitive information such as credit card and social security numbers with realistic values allowing production data to be safely used for nonproductive purposes.
Automatic Discovery of Sensitive Data and Relationships
Application data modelling automatically discovers columns from Oracle Database tables containing sensitive information based on built-in discovery patterns such as national identifiers, credit card numbers and other personally identifiable information. It also automatically discovers parent-child relationships defined in the database.
Comprehensive Masking Transformations
Comprehensive masking transformations caters different masking use cases such as masking based on a condition, generating consistent masked outputs for a given input and more.
Extensive Masking Format Library and Application Templates
Centralized, extensive and customizable library of predefined masking formats such as national identifiers, credit card numbers and other personally identifiable information facilities ready-to-go masking formats. Downloadable masking templates for select version of Oracle E-Business Suite and Oracle Fusion Applications further simplifies the task of defining masking rules.
Multi Factor Subsetting
Sophisticated subsetting techniques facilitates generating subsets of data based on goal like percentage of database size or percentage of rows in a table or based on conditions like region, time, department and more.
Fast, Secure and Heterogeneous
Masking and subsetting can be performed on a cloned copy of the original data, eliminating any overhead on production systems. Alternatively, masking and subsetting can be performed during database export, eliminating the need for staging servers. Masking and subsetting can be performed on data in non-Oracle databases by staging the data in an Oracle Database using the relevant Oracle Database Gateway.
- Sensitive information, such as credit card or social security numbers, can be replaced with realistic values.
- Production data can be safely used for development, testing, or sharing with out-source or off-shore partners.
- Uses a template library and formulate rules, consistently transforming data in order to maintain referential integrity for applications.
- Extensive search capabilities scan enterprise databases for sensitive data and rank results based on probability of match.
- Helps in comply with data privacy mandates such as Sarbanes-Oxley, Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard (DSS) and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA).
With the above overviews, Oracle Data Masking and Subsetting has some major benefits which include the following:
- Enables one to make the most of his/her data securely. Use production data freely in nonproduction environments without violating data privacy regulations or risking sensitive data leaks.
- Saves time and increase security with data masking policies. Security administrations define the masking rules once, which are then automatically applied every time the database administrator masks the database.
- Address regulatory requirements. De-identifying sensitive data is increasingly being called out as critical technology in data privacy protection laws globally.