This database monitor capabilities are meant to make it possible for a database administrator to monitor the performance and availability of a My SQL database farm. This Applications Manager monitoring solution is agent-less and provides an out of the box performance metrics to ensure that the My SQL database server is running efficiently. The database monitoring also provides awareness on whatever occurs within the database hence its great importance in the maintenance of database security.
This being a product of Applications Manager it is able to provide a web client that allows one to visualize My SQL monitoring data from his or her database tier alongside his or her application tiers. The grouping capabilities provided by Applications Manager enables one to group databases, this being efficient as it helps one to gain more visibility on which business applications are affected due to an outage.
Some of the components that are monitored by My SQL databases are:
- The replication details
- The connection time
- The request statistics
- Table lock statistics
- Query Hit Ratio
- Query Cache Hit rate
- Thread Details
- Key Efficiency
- The connection statistics
Furthermore Applications Manager also provides the ability to monitor any SQL Injection query of a My SQL database. This is done using the Database Query Monitoring capability. By using this a database is able to monitor additional performance metrics, monitor custom database tables, monitor and expose business metrics to line of business managers.
Some of the monitoring capabilities of My SQL include the following:
- It is able to deliver both historical and current My SQL performance metrics, delivering insight into the performance over a period of time.
- It provides an out of the box monitoring of My SQL availability and performance.
- Based on the threshold configured, alarms are generated and actions are taken automatically based on the configurations.
- It monitors performance statistics such as common time, request statistics, connection statistics and thread details. Alarms can be configured for these parameters.
- Performance graphs and reports are instantly available. Reports can be grouped and displayed based on availability, health and connection time.