The role of the database analyzer is to give you a overview of what is contained within your database, these can include; tables, fields, properties, relationships, indices and data. Just looking at your data is just as important as looking at its structure.
DB analyzer provides a way to document, understand, and optimize your database. Because it can also analyze the data that is stored, the more records you have in the DB when you analyze it, the more the DBAnalyzer can tell you. Performing analysis in the same database on a regular basis is valuable to compare the number of records and value statistics in each table.
DB analyzer is the beneficial in that it can maximize the effectiveness of your database management personnel with robust IMS data analysis and monitoring capabilities. It also helps to protect database integrity and delivers insights to help your staff quickly discover corrupt databases, check out their organization and fine-tune performance.
Additionally, DB analyzer helps in the testing and tuning of the randomizer routine needed by some high-performance database types. This mainframe solution provides powerful IMS for z/OS data analysis that can help your organization do the following:
- Realise errors in your database even before your business is impacted.
- Thwart data loss as well as anticipate and correct space and pointer issues.
- Enhance better IMS data integrity
- Minimizes the numerous incidences of data corruption
- Maximizes database performance
- Identify anomalies before problems occur
- Dynamic baselines compare historic performance to identify issues. Get alerts and custom reports too.
DB analyzer can also detect when extents are full or when you are likely not to have enough space on the volume to allow the data set to allocate another extent.
Some DBAnalyzer features an IMS Information Repository where you can store results. The information you store in the IIR can help you determine trends, compare threshold values to trigger actions or do historical reporting.
- Database Performance Analyzer for SQL Server
- How To Optimize Database Server Performance
- Database Firewall