Most different database service providers provide database as a service that is further divided into major three categories. There are rational database, non-rational database and operating virtual machine loaded with local database software like SQL.
Database Service providers vary from each other depending on the quality and sort of services being provided. There are certain parameters that can be used to select the best service that will suit your company best. This is not limited to a certain company; these parameters can help in deciding the best service provider depending upon the requirements of any company.
Parameters of Database Service
- Choosing best Dynamic Database– The selecting of Database depends not only on the services being provided by the company, but it also depends on the requirements of the company as well. There are certain parameters that can be taken as a guide to choose the best Database.
- Data Sizing– Every Database Service provider has a different capacity of storing data on the database. The data sizing is very important as the company will need to be sure about the size of data that it will be stored in its database. For example, the Amazon RDS allows the user to store up to 1TB of data in one database on the other hand SQL Azure offers only 50GB of data for one database.
- Portability– The database should be portable as the database should never be out of the access of the user. The database service provider may go out of business, so the database and the data stored can be destroyed. There should be an emergency plan if such things happen. This can be resolved by taking cloud services from other companies as well so that the database is accessible even in the case of emergency.
- Transaction Capabilities– The transaction capabilities are the major feature of the cloud dynamic database as the completion of the transaction is very important for the user. The user must be aware if the transaction has been successful or not.
- There are companies who mostly do transact money, in this situation the complete read and write operations must be accomplished. The user needs a guarantee of the transaction he made, and this sort of transaction is called an ACID transaction. If there is no need of the guarantee then the transactions can be made by non ACID transactions. This will be faster as well.
- Configurability – There are many databases that can easily configurable by the user as most of the configuration are done by the service provider. In this way there are very less options available left to the administrator of the database and he can easily manage the database without more efforts.
- Database Accessibility– As there are different number of databases, the mechanism for accessing the database are different as well. The first method is the one that is RDBMS being offered through the standards of the industry drivers such as Java Database Connectivity. The motive of this driver is that allows the external connection to access the database services through the standard connection.